We at FreeCharge have always believed that any monetary transaction should be quick, simple and secure. That’s why we have now launched the UPI payments platform on FreeCharge. Developed by the National Payments Corporations of India (NPCI), the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform is now live on FreeCharge Android.
UPI is a 24×7 instant payment method which allows instant, secure and convenient payment between bank accounts. FreeCharge android app users will now be able to use all UPI payment services via their ‘@freecharge’ UPI ID. You can now –
- Send money by entering recipient’s UPI ID or bank account + IFSC
- Request money
- Pay to all online and offline merchants
- Scan & Pay or request money through UPI enabled QR code
Follow the below simple steps to generate your ‘@freecharge’ UPI ID:
What are the benefits?
UPI on FreeCharge offers a frictionless and secure payment experience with following additional benefits:
- No more hassles of entering or sharing confidential bank account or card details to pay or request money.
- No transaction fees – Instantly transfer money (daily limit of upto Rs 1 lakh) to any bank account or pay merchants for free.
- No more hassles of waiting for OTP – seamlessly complete recharge and bill payment transactions by just entering UPI PIN.
- No more hassles of remembering multiple UPI IDs. You can link all your bank accounts to your single ‘@freecharge’ UPI ID with an option to select a bank account when making a payment.
To try out UPI on FreeCharge, click here to download the app and start transacting.
We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions, do leave in a comment.